If your organisation is having trouble keeping ahead of application performance issues, you’re not alone. There are a number of challenges facing IT professionals that put a great deal of pressure on you and your resources:
- Technology is getting more complex, with application architectures becoming more distributed and harder to keep track of
- End user mobile devices are proliferating, and performance monitoring across a web of tools is becoming increasingly challenging
- Operations teams are getting leaner
- There is an ongoing drive to lower IT costs, meaning less budget and human resources to manage this infrastructure
- Customers’ expectations of a seamless user experience keep getting higher
- The business demands innovative technologies and delivery models, but a lot of budget is tied up in “keeping the lights green”
- Too much time is spent reacting to incidents and problems, leaving little time for strategy and innovation
These trends create an ever-increasing level of difficulty ensuring application performance and availability of business-critical applications while driving change and innovation.
If this sounds familiar, rest assured that there are solutions. The new generation of application performance management tools, when combined with best-practice processes, can help tame this complexity.